HairThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 15 words from the "hair" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
having little or no hair on the scalp
- Some people become bald as they get older.
- He has a bald head with no hair at all.
- Baldness can be caused by genetics.
- He started going bald in his thirties.
- She shaved her head bald for a charity event.
- They embraced their baldness with confidence.
short strands of hair that hang over the forehead
- She has stylish bangs that frame her face.
- I'm thinking of getting bangs for a new look.
- Bangs can be short or long, depending on your preference.
- She decided to get bangs to change her look.
- He trimmed his bangs himself during lockdown.
- They love how bangs frame their face.
a hair color that is dark and often appears black
- Black hair is very common in some parts of the world.
- I like the color of her shiny black hair.
- Black hair can look beautiful with the right care.
- She has naturally black hair that shines in the sun.
- He dyed his hair jet black for a dramatic effect.
- They admire the richness of black hair.
a hair color that is light or golden in shade
- She has naturally blonde hair that's very light.
- Blonde hair can turn darker with age.
- Some people choose to dye their hair blonde.
- She was born with blonde hair and blue eyes.
- He highlights his blonde hair with beachy waves.
- They think blonde hair suits her complexion.
a person with brown hair, typically dark brown
- Brunette hair is brown, often on the darker side.
- I prefer the look of brunette hair.
- Many famous actresses have brunette hair.
- She has beautiful brunette hair that looks rich.
- He prefers the classic look of brunette hair.
- They both have naturally brunette hair.
having hair that forms spirals or curls
- Her curly hair is full of bouncy ringlets.
- I use a special product to define my curly hair.
- Curly hair can get frizzy in humid weather.
- Her curly hair is her most distinctive feature.
- He uses special products to maintain his curly hair.
- They love how her curly hair bounces.
hair that has been artificially colored with hair dye
- She recently dyed her hair a bright shade of red.
- I want to dye my hair a different color.
- Dyed hair can be a fun way to change your look.
- She recently dyed her hair a vibrant shade of red.
- He experimented with dyed hair during his college days.
- They like to change their look with dyed hair.
having hair that is reddish or auburn in color
- Ginger hair is a beautiful shade of red.
- His ginger hair stands out in a crowd.
- Some people call it 'red' hair instead of 'ginger.'
- She inherited her ginger hair from her mother.
- He has freckles that complement his ginger hair.
- They find ginger hair unique and attractive.
hair that has turned silver or white due to aging
- Gray hair can be a sign of aging.
- My grandmother has beautiful silver-gray hair.
- Some people embrace their gray hair and don't dye it.
- She embraces her gray hair as a sign of wisdom.
- He started getting gray hair in his early forties.
- They believe that gray hair adds character.
having hair that extends past the shoulders
- She has long hair that reaches down to her waist.
- Long hair can be a bit challenging to take care of.
- Long hair can be styled in many different ways.
- She spent years growing her hair long and flowing.
- He ties his long hair in a ponytail for convenience.
- They envy her naturally long and glossy hair.
hair that falls between short and long
- Medium-length hair is easy to manage.
- I prefer my hair at a medium length.
- Medium-length hair can be worn up or down.
- She finds medium-length hair easy to style.
- He likes the versatility of medium-length hair.
- They both decided to go for medium-length cuts.
having hair that is cut close to the head
- Short hair is low-maintenance and stylish.
- I like how short hair looks on her.
- Some people choose short hair for convenience.
- She went for a short pixie cut for a bold look.
- He prefers short hair for low maintenance.
- They think short hair suits him well.
having hair that is smooth and lacks curls or waves
- Her straight hair is smooth and shiny.
- Straight hair can be achieved with a flat iron.
- Some people have naturally straight hair.
- She uses a straightener to keep her hair sleek and straight.
- He was born with naturally straight hair.
- They like how straight hair looks elegant.
having hair that forms gentle waves or ripples
- Wavy hair has gentle waves and is very pretty.
- I use a curling iron to create wavy hair.
- Wavy hair can look great with a beachy vibe.
- Her wavy hair has a natural beachy texture.
- He enjoys the relaxed look of wavy hair.
- They both like wavy hair for its casual charm.
a hairstyle characterized by a tightly curled or coiled texture
- An afro is a unique and distinctive hairstyle.
- Her afro is big and beautiful.
- Some people take pride in their natural afro hair.
- She rocks her afro hairstyle with pride.
- He appreciates the cultural significance of afro hair.
- They admire the volume and uniqueness of afros.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?