Months and SeasonsThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 16 words from the "months and seasons" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
the coldest season of the year, characterized by cold temperatures, shorter daylight hours, and often snow and ice
- Winter is a cold season when it snows, and people wear warm clothes.
- We build snowmen and have fun playing in the snow during winter.
- Winter comes after autumn and before spring.
- She enjoys skiing in the mountains during the winter season.
- Winter holidays like Christmas and New Year's Eve are celebrated during this season.
- He bundled up in warm clothing to brave the cold of winter.
the fourth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar, known for its changing weather and springtime blooms
- April is a month when the weather starts getting warmer.
- My birthday is in April, and we usually have a party.
- April comes after March and before May.
- April showers bring May flowers, as the saying goes.
- Her birthday falls in early April, so she usually has a spring-themed celebration.
- He planted tulip bulbs in his garden in anticipation of April's arrival.
the eighth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar, often associated with the peak of summer and warm weather
- August is a month when it's usually hot and sunny.
- In August, we often go on vacation or enjoy the summer weather.
- August is the eighth month of the year.
- They went on a family vacation to the beach in August.
- August is a popular time for outdoor festivals and concerts.
- He spent August working on his tan by the pool.
the twelfth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar, known for the holiday season, including Christmas and New Year's Eve
- December is a month when many people celebrate holidays like Christmas.
- We decorate our house with lights and a tree in December.
- December comes after November and before January.
- December is a festive month filled with decorations and holiday cheer.
- They exchange gifts with friends and family in December to celebrate the holidays.
- He enjoys the tradition of decorating the Christmas tree every December.
the season between summer and winter, also known as fall, characterized by cooler temperatures and falling leaves
- Autumn is a season when leaves on the trees turn colorful and fall.
- We jump in piles of leaves and enjoy the cool air during autumn.
- Autumn comes after summer and before winter.
- Autumn is a beautiful season with colorful foliage in many regions.
- Pumpkin spice lattes are a popular autumn beverage.
- He raked up the fallen leaves in his backyard as part of his autumn chores.
the second month of the year in the Gregorian calendar, known for Valentine's Day
- February is a month when it's often cold, and we celebrate Valentine's Day.
- In February, we give cards and chocolates to our friends and family.
- February has fewer days than other months, either 28 or 29.
- Valentine's Day falls on the 14th of February and is celebrated with love and affection.
- She sent handwritten cards to her friends in February to show appreciation.
- He planned a surprise romantic dinner for his partner in February.
the first month of the year in the Gregorian calendar, often associated with New Year's resolutions and fresh starts
- January is the first month of the year, and it's usually chilly.
- We make New Year's resolutions and celebrate the start of a new year in January.
- January comes after December and before February.
- Many people make resolutions for self-improvement in January.
- January is a time for reflection on the past year and setting goals for the future.
- He joined a gym as part of his commitment to fitness in January.
the seventh month of the year in the Gregorian calendar, known for Independence Day celebrations in the United States and warm summer weather
- July is a month when it's hot and perfect for swimming and ice cream.
- We have a summer break from school in July and go on trips.
- July is the seventh month of the year.
- They gathered with friends and family for a barbecue on the Fourth of July.
- July is a popular month for outdoor activities like camping and hiking.
- He watched fireworks light up the sky on a warm July evening.
the sixth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar, often associated with the start of summer and longer daylight hours
- June is a month when summer officially begins, and the days are long.
- We have picnics and enjoy outdoor activities in June.
- June comes after May and before July.
- June weddings are common due to the pleasant weather and blooming flowers.
- They took a road trip in June to explore new destinations.
- He enjoyed the extended daylight in June for evening bike rides.
the third month of the year in the Gregorian calendar, known for the arrival of spring and sometimes unpredictable weather
- March is a month when the weather starts getting warmer, and flowers bloom.
- We celebrate St. Patrick's Day with parades and green clothes in March.
- March comes after February and before April.
- March often brings unpredictable weather with a mix of rain and sunshine.
- Spring officially begins in March, bringing the return of flowers and greenery.
- He prepared his garden for planting in March as the weather began to warm.
the fifth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar, known for the blooming of flowers and the approach of summer
- May is a month when flowers are in full bloom, and it's lovely outside.
- We celebrate Mother's Day and appreciate our moms in May.
- May comes after April and before June.
- May is a popular time for outdoor weddings due to pleasant weather.
- They celebrated Mother's Day with a picnic in the park in May.
- He noticed the cherry blossoms in full bloom during a May stroll.
the eleventh month of the year in the Gregorian calendar, known for Thanksgiving celebrations in the United States
- November is a month when the weather gets colder, and leaves fall from trees.
- We celebrate Thanksgiving and give thanks for what we have in November.
- November comes after October and before December.
- Thanksgiving falls on the fourth Thursday of November and is a time for gratitude and feasting.
- November marks the transition from autumn to winter in many regions.
- He volunteered at a local food bank to help those in need during November.
the tenth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar, known for Halloween celebrations and the changing colors of leaves
- October is a month when leaves change color, and Halloween is celebrated.
- We dress up in costumes and go trick-or-treating in October.
- October comes after September and before November.
- They carved pumpkins and decorated their house for Halloween in October.
- October is a favorite month for apple picking and hayrides.
- He hiked through the woods to enjoy the vibrant October foliage.
the ninth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar, often associated with the start of the school year and the transition to fall
- September is a month when summer ends, and kids go back to school.
- We celebrate Labor Day with barbecues and picnics in September.
- September comes after August and before October.
- September brings cooler temperatures as summer transitions into autumn.
- Students prepare for the new school year by shopping for supplies in September.
- He enjoyed the crisp air and the changing leaves during September hikes.
one of the four seasons, characterized by warmer temperatures, blooming flowers, and the renewal of nature
- Spring is a season when flowers bloom, and everything becomes green again.
- We see baby animals and enjoy the fresh air during spring.
- Spring comes after winter and before summer.
- Spring is a time of rebirth and growth in the natural world.
- Many people engage in spring cleaning to refresh their homes in this season.
- He planted a variety of flowers in his garden to welcome the arrival of spring.
one of the four seasons, known for its warm and hot weather, longer daylight hours, and outdoor activities
- Summer is a season when it's warm, and people love going to the beach.
- We have a break from school and go on fun adventures in summer.
- Summer comes after spring and before autumn.
- Summer vacations often involve trips to the beach or other sunny destinations.
- Ice cream is a favorite treat to cool off during the hot summer months.
- He spent his summer days swimming in the pool and soaking up the sun.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?