PersonalityThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 18 words from the "personality" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
tidy and well-organized, with a focus on cleanliness and orderliness
- Neat means things are very tidy and clean, like a neatly made bed.
- I like to keep my toys and books neat and organized.
- Being neat helps us find things easily.
- Her desk is always so neat and clutter-free.
- He takes pride in keeping his room neat and spotless.
- Neat handwriting makes it easier to read and understand.
making little or no noise, calm and peaceful in demeanor or surroundings
- Quiet means it's very calm and not noisy, like when people are whispering.
- We need to be quiet in the library so people can read in peace.
- Quiet time is great for relaxing and thinking.
- The library is a quiet place for reading and studying.
- They enjoyed a quiet evening at home with a movie and popcorn.
- Please be quiet during the performance so others can enjoy it.
engaged in physical activity, energetic and lively in behavior
- Active means full of energy and always moving around, like playing sports.
- Kids are usually active and love running and playing outside.
- Being active keeps us healthy and strong.
- She leads an active lifestyle, participating in sports and outdoor activities.
- Active children often have a lot of energy to burn.
- He prefers an active vacation with hiking and adventure.
showing a lack of empathy or kindness, causing harm or suffering to others intentionally
- Cruel means being mean and hurting others on purpose, which is not nice.
- We should never be cruel to animals or other people.
- Being kind is much better than being cruel.
- Bullying behavior is considered cruel and should not be tolerated.
- Cruel treatment of animals is a serious ethical concern.
- He was shocked by the cruel and heartless actions of the antagonist in the story.
lacking good sense or judgment, making unwise decisions or choices
- Foolish means doing silly things that don't make sense, like wearing pajamas to school.
- Sometimes I do foolish things, like forgetting my lunch at home.
- Learning from our mistakes helps us not be foolish.
- It's foolish to drive without wearing a seatbelt.
- He regretted his foolish decision to spend all his savings on unnecessary items.
- She laughed at her own foolish mistake and learned from it.
kind and pleasant in demeanor, displaying a welcoming and amiable attitude
- Friendly means being nice and making friends easily, like saying hello with a smile.
- I met a friendly dog at the park who wanted to play.
- Being friendly helps us have happy relationships.
- She's known for being a friendly neighbor who always greets everyone with a smile.
- Friendly cooperation among team members leads to success.
- He made a new friend while traveling due to his friendly nature.
causing laughter or amusement, characterized by humor and comedic elements
- Funny means something that makes you laugh and feel happy, like a silly joke.
- My dad tells funny jokes that make me giggle.
- Laughing at funny things is good for our mood.
- The comedian's jokes were so funny that the audience couldn't stop laughing.
- Watching funny videos online is a great way to unwind.
- He has a funny way of telling stories that leaves everyone in stitches.
willing to give and share, often with a willingness to help others in need
- Generous means sharing a lot and being kind to others, like giving gifts.
- My grandma is very generous; she always shares her cookies with me.
- Being generous makes others feel happy and loved.
- She donated a generous amount to the charity to support their cause.
- Generous people often find joy in helping those less fortunate.
- He's known for his generous spirit and always offers a helping hand.
having positive qualities, morally upright, or skillful in a particular area
- Good means something that is right or well done, like a good book or a good meal.
- I did a good job on my drawing; my teacher praised me.
- Trying our best helps us do good things.
- A good deed can make a significant difference in someone's day.
- Good manners are important in social interactions.
- He's a good cook and can prepare delicious meals.
having an excessive desire for wealth, possessions, or resources, often at the expense of others
- Greedy means wanting too much of something and not sharing, which isn't nice.
- We shouldn't be greedy with snacks and leave some for others.
- Sharing is better than being greedy.
- Some people become greedy when they prioritize money above all else.
- Greedy individuals may engage in unethical practices to accumulate wealth.
- He learned the importance of sharing and not being greedy.
feeling or expressing joy, contentment, and satisfaction
- Happy means feeling joyful and having a big smile on your face.
- I feel happy when I get to spend time with my friends.
- Being kind to others can make them happy too.
- Her face lit up with a happy smile upon receiving good news.
- Finding happiness in everyday life can lead to a fulfilling existence.
- He wished his friends a lifetime of happiness on their wedding day.
diligent, putting forth a strong and consistent effort in tasks and responsibilities
- Hardworking means putting in a lot of effort and working diligently.
- My mom is very hardworking; she works long hours to support our family.
- Being hardworking helps us achieve our goals.
- Hardworking employees are often recognized and appreciated by their employers.
- Success is often the result of a hardworking attitude and perseverance.
- He admired his parents for their hardworking nature and determination.
willing and ready to assist or provide aid to others when needed
- Helpful means being ready to assist and make things easier for others.
- I asked my brother for help, and he was very helpful with my homework.
- Being helpful makes the world a better place.
- A helpful neighbor offered to water the plants while they were away.
- Helpful advice from a mentor can be invaluable in career development.
- He thanked the stranger for the helpful directions to the nearest hospital.
having a high level of mental capacity and the ability to think, reason, and learn effectively
- Intelligent means being really smart and good at solving problems.
- My teacher is very intelligent and knows the answers to all our questions.
- Reading books and learning can make us more intelligent.
- She's known for her intelligent problem-solving skills in the workplace.
- Intelligent individuals often excel in academics and intellectual pursuits.
- He impressed everyone with his intelligent analysis of complex issues.
showing a caring and considerate nature, characterized by compassion and empathy
- Kind means being nice and considerate to others, like sharing toys.
- We should always be kind to our classmates and treat them with respect.
- Being kind makes people feel happy and valued.
- Kindness can make the world a better place, one small act at a time.
- Being kind to others can create lasting and meaningful connections.
- He believes in the importance of raising kind and compassionate children.
unwilling to work or exert effort, lacking motivation or a strong work ethic
- Lazy means not wanting to do things and preferring to rest all the time.
- I sometimes feel lazy on weekends and want to sleep in.
- Being active helps us avoid feeling lazy.
- Procrastination often leads to a lazy approach to tasks and responsibilities.
- She decided to overcome her lazy habits and become more productive.
- He regretted being lazy and missing out on opportunities in the past.
producing a high volume of sound, often characterized by noise or excessive talking
- Loud means making a lot of noise and being heard from far away.
- Playing music too loud can disturb others in the house.
- Using indoor voices instead of being loud is polite.
- The loud music from the party kept the neighbors awake late into the night.
- Loud laughter echoed through the room during the comedy show.
- He asked the group to lower their voices as they were being too loud.
mischievous or disobedient, often in a playful or cheeky manner
- Naughty means doing things you're not supposed to, like drawing on walls.
- My little brother can be naughty when he doesn't listen to mom.
- Listening to rules helps us not be naughty.
- Children sometimes engage in naughty behavior to test boundaries.
- His naughty pranks kept his friends entertained and laughing.
- She apologized for her naughty comment and promised to be more respectful.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?