Physical AppearanceThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 16 words from the "physical appearance" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
lacking physical strength or vigor
- The little kitten is weak and can't lift heavy things.
- She felt weak after a long day of hiking.
- Eating healthy food can make you strong, not weak.
- She felt weak after the long hike and needed to rest.
- He was too weak to lift the heavy box on his own.
- They had to be careful not to strain their weak muscles.
in the early stages of life; not old
- The baby bird is very young and can't fly yet.
- She's a young student and enjoys playing with friends.
- You are still very young; you have lots of time to learn.
- She watched the young puppies play in the park.
- He enjoyed spending time with the young children at the daycare.
- They were excited about the arrival of their young grandchild.
having little or no hair on the scalp
- The man has a bald head with no hair on it.
- Some people go bald as they get older.
- He doesn't mind being bald; he wears a hat in the sun.
- He decided to shave his head completely bald for a new look.
- She noticed that her grandfather had become bald over the years.
- They joked about going bald and needing sunscreen on their heads.
pleasing to the senses; possessing qualities that give pleasure or satisfaction
- The sunset over the ocean is so beautiful.
- She thinks her garden is the most beautiful place.
- Everyone is beautiful in their own unique way.
- She admired the beautiful sunset over the ocean.
- He thought she was the most beautiful person he had ever met.
- They found beauty in the simplicity of nature's landscapes.
having fair or light-colored hair
- The girl has blonde hair that shines in the sun.
- He has blonde hair like his mom.
- Blonde hair can turn darker as you grow older.
- She dyed her hair blonde for a change in appearance.
- He was born with naturally blonde hair and blue eyes.
- They teased their friend for being the only blonde in the group.
having brown or dark brown hair
- The boy is a brunette with dark hair.
- She's the only brunette in her family.
- Brunette hair can look black in certain light.
- She preferred the classic elegance of being a brunette.
- He noticed the brunette woman reading a book at the cafe.
- They often couldn't tell the difference between the two brunette sisters.
having an excess of body fat; overweight
- The bear is fat after eating lots of honey.
- Eating too much junk food can make you fat.
- It's important to be healthy, not too fat or too thin.
- She decided to adopt a healthier lifestyle to lose weight and avoid becoming fat.
- He struggled with his self-esteem because he felt fat compared to others.
- They supported each other on their weight loss journey to get rid of fat.
in good physical condition, typically as a result of regular exercise and healthy habits
- The athlete is very fit and can run fast.
- Exercising regularly helps you stay fit and strong.
- She's working hard to become fit and healthy.
- She maintained a fit body by going to the gym regularly.
- He enjoyed outdoor activities that kept him fit and active.
- They felt strong and fit after completing a challenging fitness program.
having hair that is reddish or auburn in color
- The ginger cat has orange fur and freckles.
- Some people have ginger hair and love their uniqueness.
- Gingerbread cookies have a delicious spicy flavor.
- She always stood out in a crowd with her ginger hair.
- He inherited his father's ginger hair and freckles.
- They had a soft spot for ginger cats with their fiery fur.
in a good state of physical, mental, and emotional well-being
- Eating fruits and vegetables helps you stay healthy.
- Being active and drinking water are part of a healthy lifestyle.
- She feels healthy and full of energy.
- She focused on eating a balanced diet to stay healthy.
- He believed that regular exercise was essential for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- They considered themselves fortunate to have good health.
having lived for a long time; not young
- The wise old owl perched on the tree branch.
- Grandpa is getting old but still tells great stories.
- Age is just a number; you can be young at heart.
- She admired the wisdom and experience that came with being old.
- He respected the stories and knowledge shared by the old man.
- They planned to celebrate their grandmother's 90th birthday.
untidy, unkempt, or in poor condition
- The scruffy dog needs a bath and a brush.
- His clothes looked scruffy after playing in the mud.
- Sometimes, a scruffy appearance can be charming.
- She laughed at the scruffy appearance of her dog after rolling in the mud.
- He needed to freshen up after looking scruffy from a long day of work.
- They decided to explore the thrift store for scruffy, vintage clothing.
having little height or being of less than average height
- The mushroom is short and doesn't reach the top of the tree.
- He's short compared to his tall friends.
- Short people can be just as capable and strong.
- She was often mistaken for being younger due to her short stature.
- He struggled to reach items on the top shelf because he was short.
- They attended a concert and had a great view despite being short.
having a slim or thin physique; lacking excess body fat
- The skinny snake can squeeze through tight spaces.
- She's naturally skinny and doesn't gain much weight.
- It's important to be healthy, not too skinny or too fat.
- She could eat whatever she wanted without gaining weight because she was naturally skinny.
- He wished he could gain some weight and not look so skinny.
- They enjoyed the feeling of being lightweight and skinny while hiking.
having the power to move or lift heavy objects; physically powerful
- The ant is tiny but surprisingly strong.
- He works out at the gym to become strong and fit.
- Strength comes from determination and hard work.
- She displayed her strong arm muscles after working out at the gym.
- He admired the strong and determined individuals in the weightlifting competition.
- They knew they had to stay strong in the face of adversity.
unpleasant or unattractive in appearance
- The old, worn-out teddy bear may look ugly to some.
- Beauty is subjective; what's ugly to one person is beautiful to another.
- It's better to focus on inner beauty than outward appearance.
- She believed that true beauty was found within and that no one was truly ugly.
- He felt hurt when someone called him ugly because of his acne.
- They recognized that calling someone ugly was hurtful and unkind.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?