RoutineThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 17 words from the "routine" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
to view television programs or shows on a television set
- I like to watch TV in the evening.
- We watch TV together as a family.
- I don't watch TV during the day.
- She likes to watch TV in the evening to relax.
- He watched TV with his family on Sunday nights.
- They decided to watch TV together and enjoy a movie.
to reach one's place of residence or return to one's house
- I usually arrive home after school.
- What time do you arrive home from work?
- It's nice to arrive home after a long trip.
- She usually arrives home from work at around 6 PM.
- He arrived home after a long day of traveling.
- They were excited to arrive home and reunite with their pets.
to run a comb or brush through one's hair to tidy or style it
- I comb my hair every morning.
- She combs her hair before going out.
- Don't forget to comb your hair today.
- She took a moment to comb her hair before the party.
- He combed his hair neatly for the job interview.
- They combed their child's hair before the school photoshoot.
to prepare and make the evening meal
- My mom cooks dinner for the family.
- Cooking dinner can be fun and creative.
- What are you going to cook for dinner tonight?
- She enjoys cooking dinner for her family every night.
- He decided to cook dinner together with his friends.
- They experimented with new recipes when cooking dinner.
to rest with one's eyes closed and body in a state of rest
- We need to sleep to rest and recharge.
- I like to sleep in on weekends.
- How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
- She needed a good night's sleep after a tiring day.
- He couldn't sleep well due to the noisy neighbors.
- They tried to sleep early to be well-rested for the trip.
feed the dog
to provide food to a pet dog
- I feed the dog in the morning and evening.
- Don't forget to feed the dog before you leave.
- Feeding the dog is an important daily task.
- She feeds the dog twice a day, morning and evening.
- He asked his neighbor to feed the dog while he was away.
- They took turns feeding the dog and playing with it.
to complete one's tasks or job for the day
- I usually finish work around 5 PM.
- When do you finish work?
- Finishing work early is a great feeling.
- She was relieved to finish work early on Friday.
- He stayed late to finish work on a tight deadline.
- They celebrated when they finally finished work on the project.
to put on clothes and get ready for the day
- I get dressed in my school uniform.
- She takes her time to get dressed.
- Getting dressed for a special occasion is exciting.
- She gets dressed in formal attire for work.
- He quickly gets dressed in casual clothes on weekends.
- They helped their child get dressed for a special event.
to rise from a lying or seated position
- I get up early to start my day.
- What time do you usually get up?
- Getting up late on weekends is nice.
- She gets up early to enjoy the sunrise.
- He struggled to get up after a night of little sleep.
- They planned to get up at dawn for a hike.
go to bed
to get into one's bed with the intention of sleeping
- It's time to go to bed and get some sleep.
- I like to read a book before I go to bed.
- Going to bed late can make you tired.
- She likes to go to bed early to get a good night's rest.
- He read a book before going to bed.
- They decided to go to bed late and watch a movie.
go to work
to travel to one's workplace or office
- Many people go to work in the morning.
- I go to work by taking the bus.
- Going to work can be a daily routine.
- She commutes by train to go to work every day.
- He goes to work by bike to stay active.
- They carpooled with colleagues to go to work.
to eat the morning meal, typically the first meal of the day
- Having breakfast is important for a healthy start.
- I usually have breakfast with cereal and milk.
- Skipping breakfast is not a good idea.
- She has a healthy breakfast with fruits and cereal.
- He enjoys having breakfast at a local cafe.
- They made pancakes and eggs for a special weekend breakfast.
to eat the evening meal, often the largest meal of the day
- We have dinner as a family every evening.
- Having dinner together is a special time.
- What's your favorite dish to have for dinner?
- She usually has dinner with her family at the dining table.
- He ordered takeout for a quick dinner after a busy day.
- They invited friends over to have dinner and chat.
to eat the midday meal, typically between breakfast and dinner
- I have lunch at the cafeteria during school.
- Having a balanced lunch is important.
- What time do you usually have lunch?
- She packed a homemade lunch to take to work.
- He had a working lunch while attending a conference.
- They decided to have lunch at the new restaurant downtown.
to cleanse one's body by using water and soap
- I like to take a shower in the morning.
- Taking a warm shower can be relaxing.
- Showering before bed can help you sleep better.
- She takes a warm shower in the morning to wake up.
- He enjoys a cold shower after a workout.
- They shared a relaxing shower to unwind.
to begin one's work tasks or job duties for the day
- I start work at 9 AM every day.
- What time do you usually start work?
- Starting work with a positive attitude is important.
- She starts work early to get a head start on her projects.
- He had a productive morning when he started work early.
- They always start work with a team meeting.
to become conscious and alert after sleeping
- I wake up early to get ready for the day.
- What wakes you up in the morning?
- Waking up with a smile is a great way to start the day.
- She wakes up with the sound of her alarm clock every morning.
- He woke up feeling refreshed after a restful night.
- They woke up early to catch the sunrise at the beach.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?