ShoesThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 11 words from the "shoes" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
a type of casual summer shoe with a canvas or fabric upper and a jute or rope sole
- Espadrilles are comfortable summer shoes.
- I like wearing espadrilles to the beach.
- Espadrilles come in various colors.
- She wore espadrilles to the beach to keep her feet cool.
- He loves the comfort of espadrilles for walking in hot weather.
- They bought matching espadrilles for their vacation.
a simple and lightweight sandal with a V-shaped strap that goes between the toes
- Flip flops are great for hot weather.
- I wear flip flops when I go to the pool.
- Flip flops are easy to slip on and off.
- She slipped on her flip flops to run a quick errand.
- He always wears flip flops around the house.
- They packed flip flops for the poolside relaxation.
a type of sandal with multiple straps that resemble the footwear worn by ancient Roman gladiators
- Gladiator sandals have straps that go up the leg.
- I bought a pair of gladiator sandals for the summer.
- Gladiator sandals can be both stylish and comfortable.
- She wore stylish gladiator sandals to the summer music festival.
- He likes the edgy look of gladiator sandals.
- They chose comfortable gladiator sandals for the day of sightseeing.
a backless slip-on shoe that may have a closed or open toe
- Mules are slip-on shoes without a back.
- Mules are easy to put on in a hurry.
- I like wearing mules with dresses.
- She wore mules to the office for a casual Friday.
- He finds mules easy to slip on when he's in a hurry.
- They bought leather mules for a touch of elegance.
a waterproof boot designed to keep the feet dry in wet weather
- Rain boots keep your feet dry on rainy days.
- I wear rain boots when it's wet outside.
- Rain boots are often made of rubber.
- She put on her bright yellow rain boots for the rainy day.
- He keeps a pair of rain boots in the car for unexpected showers.
- They wore rain boots and raincoats for a walk in the drizzle.
a lightweight and open shoe with straps or an open upper
- Sandals are open-toed shoes perfect for warm weather.
- I like wearing sandals to the beach.
- Sandals come in many styles and colors.
- She prefers sandals for the beach vacation.
- He owns several pairs of comfortable sandals.
- They like to wear sandals for outdoor adventures.
a type of athletic shoe with a rubber sole, typically designed for sports or casual wear
- Sneakers are comfortable shoes for sports and casual wear.
- I wear sneakers when I go jogging.
- Sneakers are great for running and playing sports.
- She laced up her sneakers for a morning jog.
- He collects vintage sneakers as a hobby.
- They chose sneakers for their active lifestyle.
a heavy, insulated boot designed to keep the feet warm and dry in snowy and cold conditions
- Snow boots keep your feet warm in cold and snowy weather.
- I wear snow boots when I go skiing.
- Snow boots have thick insulation to protect against the cold.
- She wore snow boots for the winter hike in the mountains.
- He enjoys building snowmen with his kids in snow boots.
- They invested in high-quality snow boots for their ski trip.
a high-heeled shoe with a very narrow and pointed heel
- Stilettos are high-heeled shoes that add height and style.
- She wore stilettos to the formal event.
- Stilettos can be challenging to walk in for some people.
- She wore stilettos to the formal gala.
- He admires the elegance of stiletto heels.
- They bought a pair of red stilettos for a special occasion.
a type of athletic shoe designed for playing baseball
- Baseball shoes have cleats for better grip on the field.
- I need new baseball shoes for the upcoming season.
- Baseball shoes are designed for playing on grass or dirt.
- She put on her baseball shoes and headed to practice.
- He needs comfortable baseball shoes for games.
- They choose the right baseball shoes for their team.
a type of footwear that covers the foot and extends above the ankle or even higher
- Boots are versatile shoes that cover the ankle or go higher.
- I wear boots in the winter to keep warm.
- Cowboy boots are a popular style of boots.
- She wore knee-high boots with her winter coat.
- He prefers wearing ankle boots with jeans.
- They bought leather boots for a motorcycle adventure.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?