SportThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 17 words from the "sport" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
a racquet sport played on a rectangular court by two or four players who hit a ball back and forth over a net
- Tennis is played with a racket and a ball.
- You can play tennis indoors or outdoors.
- I enjoy watching tennis matches on TV.
- She enjoys playing tennis with her friends on weekends.
- He practices his tennis serves at the local club.
- They watched an intense tennis match at the Wimbledon tournament.
a team sport played on a rectangular court, with players using their hands to hit a ball over a net
- Volleyball is played with a net and a ball.
- Teams try to score points by hitting the ball over the net.
- Playing volleyball at the beach is a lot of fun.
- She served the volleyball with precision over the net.
- He joined a volleyball league to improve his skills.
- They cheered for their school's volleyball team in the championship game.
a physical, mental, and spiritual practice that involves various postures, breathing techniques, and meditation
- Yoga is a peaceful exercise that helps with flexibility and relaxation.
- I like doing yoga in the morning to start my day with energy.
- Yoga classes often include stretching and deep breathing.
- She practices yoga every morning to stay relaxed and flexible.
- He attended a yoga retreat to deepen his practice.
- They find inner peace through their regular yoga sessions.
the sport or skill of using a bow to shoot arrows at a target
- Archery is a sport where you shoot arrows at a target.
- To be good at archery, you need focus and precision.
- I want to learn archery because it looks interesting.
- She learned archery during her summer camp in the woods.
- He took part in an archery competition and won a medal.
- They admire the precision of archers in the Olympic Games.
a bat-and-ball sport played between two teams, with players attempting to hit a pitched baseball and score runs
- Baseball is a bat-and-ball game played with two teams.
- The pitcher throws the ball to the batter, who tries to hit it.
- Going to a baseball game with friends is a great way to spend an afternoon.
- She enjoys watching baseball games at the stadium.
- He practiced his swing at the local baseball field.
- They organized a friendly game of backyard baseball.
a team sport played on a rectangular court with the objective of shooting a ball through the opponent's hoop
- Basketball is played on a court with a hoop and a ball.
- Players try to score by throwing the ball through the opponent's hoop.
- Basketball is a fast-paced and exciting sport.
- She dribbled the basketball down the court with skill.
- He joined a basketball league to stay active.
- They cheered for their favorite basketball team in the championship game.
a bat-and-ball game played between two teams, with one team batting and the other team fielding
- Cricket is a popular sport in many countries like India and England.
- In cricket, teams take turns batting and fielding.
- Cricket matches can last for hours or even days.
- She enjoys watching cricket matches during the summer season.
- He practiced his cricket bowling technique with friends.
- They celebrated a victory after a thrilling cricket match.
the activity of riding a bicycle for exercise, transportation, or leisure
- Cycling is a great way to exercise and explore the outdoors.
- I ride my bike to school every day.
- Cycling races like the Tour de France are famous around the world.
- She goes cycling in the park every weekend to stay fit.
- He participated in a long-distance cycling race.
- They explored scenic routes during their cross-country cycling trip.
a sport where two teams compete to score goals by kicking a ball into the opponent's goal
- Football, also known as soccer in some places, is the world's most popular sport.
- Teams try to score goals by getting the ball into the opponent's net.
- Watching a football match with a cheering crowd is an amazing experience.
- She kicked the football with precision and scored a goal.
- He joined a football team as a wide receiver.
- They tailgated before the big football game with friends.
a sport played on a course with the objective of hitting a ball into a series of holes in as few strokes as possible
- Golf is a sport where players use clubs to hit a ball into a hole.
- Golf courses have beautiful green landscapes.
- Golf is a relaxing sport that requires skill and concentration.
- She teed up the golf ball and took a swing.
- He enjoyed a round of golf with his colleagues.
- They admired the skill of professional golfers in tournaments.
a team sport played in an indoor court, with players using their hands to throw a ball into the opponent's goal
- Handball is a fast-paced sport played with a small ball and goals.
- Players use their hands to throw the ball into the opponent's goal.
- Handball is a popular sport in Europe.
- She practiced her handball passes with her teammates.
- He watched a thrilling handball match during the Olympics.
- They play handball for their local club and have won championships.
the activity of taking long walks in natural environments, often in mountainous areas or forests
- Hiking is walking in nature and enjoying the outdoors.
- I love hiking in the mountains and forests.
- Hiking allows you to connect with nature and stay active.
- She loves hiking in the wilderness to connect with nature.
- He hiked to the summit of a challenging mountain.
- They enjoyed a weekend of hiking and camping in the national park.
a martial art characterized by striking, kicking, and defensive techniques
- Karate is a martial art that involves self-defense techniques.
- Karate practitioners wear a uniform called a gi.
- I started taking karate lessons to learn self-discipline.
- She earned a black belt in karate after years of training.
- He teaches karate to children at the local dojo.
- They admire the discipline and focus required in karate.
a form of exercise that involves brisk walking for fitness and endurance
- Power walking is a brisk walking exercise to stay fit.
- It's a low-impact activity that is good for your health.
- Many people prefer power walking over running.
- She engages in power walking to maintain her cardiovascular health.
- He participates in power walking events to raise awareness for charity.
- They power walk together in the park every morning.
a contact team sport played with an oval ball, where teams attempt to score points by carrying, passing, or kicking the ball into the opponent's goal area
- Rugby is a tough contact sport played with an oval-shaped ball.
- Rugby players wear protective gear to stay safe.
- Rugby matches are intense and physical.
- She tackled her opponent in a fierce rugby match.
- He played rugby as a forward for his university team.
- They watched an international rugby championship with excitement.
the activity of moving rapidly on foot, typically covering a long distance
- Running is a simple yet effective form of exercise.
- You can run in the park, on a track, or even on a treadmill.
- Running helps improve cardiovascular fitness.
- She enjoys running marathons to challenge herself.
- He goes for a daily run to clear his mind.
- They trained together for a charity fundraising run.
the sport of riding on a skateboard and performing tricks or maneuvers
- Skateboarding is a sport where riders perform tricks on a skateboard.
- Skateboarders use skateparks and streets for their tricks.
- Learning to skateboard takes practice and balance.
- She practiced her skateboarding tricks at the skatepark.
- He owns a customized skateboard for street skateboarding.
- They watched a skateboarding competition with awe.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?