StationeryThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 12 words from the "stationery" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
a device used for mathematical calculations and numerical operations
- A calculator helps you do math calculations quickly.
- Students use calculators for homework and tests.
- There are different types of calculators for various tasks.
- She used a calculator to solve complex equations for her math homework.
- He carried a pocket-sized calculator to help with quick calculations on the go.
- They relied on the calculator's functions to make financial projections.
a tool used to remove pencil or ink marks from paper or other surfaces
- An eraser is used to remove pencil marks on paper.
- Artists use erasers to make corrections in their drawings.
- Erasers come in different shapes and sizes.
- She gently rubbed the eraser over the pencil marks, making them disappear.
- He accidentally smudged his drawing and had to use an eraser to correct it.
- They appreciated the high-quality erasers that didn't leave smudges behind.
a bound collection of pages for writing, taking notes, or drawing
- A notebook is a book with pages for writing or drawing.
- Students take notes in notebooks during class.
- You can also use notebooks as journals.
- She carried a notebook in her bag to jot down ideas and thoughts throughout the day.
- He used a notebook with graph paper for sketching architectural designs.
- They filled their notebooks with handwritten notes and sketches during a creative workshop.
a small, bent wire or plastic clip used to hold sheets of paper together
- A paperclip is a small metal clip for holding papers together.
- Paperclips come in handy for organizing documents.
- You can easily attach and remove them from papers.
- She attached a paperclip to keep the important documents neatly organized.
- He reached for a paperclip to fasten the pages of his research report.
- They had a variety of colorful paperclips to add a touch of creativity to their paperwork.
a writing instrument that uses ink to create marks on paper or other surfaces
- A pen is a writing instrument that uses ink.
- People use pens to sign documents and write letters.
- There are many pen colors and styles to choose from.
- She signed the contract with a fountain pen, adding a touch of elegance to the document.
- He always carried a pen in his pocket for taking quick notes during meetings.
- They purchased a set of gel pens in different colors to make their notes more vibrant.
a tool used to sharpen the point of a pencil by removing wood and exposing the graphite
- A pencil sharpener is a tool for sharpening pencils.
- Students need pencil sharpeners to keep their pencils pointed.
- Electric and manual sharpeners are available.
- She sharpened her pencil using an electric pencil sharpener for a fine point.
- He used a manual pencil sharpener with a crank to avoid wasting pencil lead.
- They placed a pencil sharpener in the classroom so students could maintain sharp pencils.
a writing instrument with a graphite core encased in wood or other materials
- A pencil is a writing instrument that uses graphite.
- Pencils are great for sketching and drawing.
- You can erase pencil marks if you make a mistake.
- She sketched a beautiful landscape using colored pencils on a canvas.
- He grabbed a pencil and began jotting down ideas for his next novel.
- They provided students with pencils and erasers for the upcoming exam.
a small pin with a plastic or metal head used to fasten papers or notes to a bulletin board or wall
- A push pin is a small pointed pin with a round head.
- Push pins are used to attach papers to bulletin boards.
- Be careful not to prick your fingers with push pins.
- She pinned a reminder to her bulletin board using a colorful push pin.
- He organized his schedule by pinning important dates with push pins on a calendar.
- They displayed a map on the wall with push pins marking places they wanted to visit.
cutting tools with two blades used to cut paper, fabric, or other materials
- Scissors are cutting tools with two sharp blades.
- Scissors are used for cutting paper, fabric, and more.
- Children should use scissors under adult supervision.
- She carefully trimmed the edges of the paper using a pair of sharp scissors.
- He used scissors to cut out shapes for a craft project with his children.
- They kept a pair of safety scissors in the kitchen for opening food packages.
a device that fastens sheets of paper together by driving a metal clasp (staple) through them
- A stapler is a device for fastening papers together with staples.
- Offices often have staplers for binding documents.
- Staplers come in various sizes and capacities.
- She stapled the pages of her report together to keep them in order.
- He borrowed a stapler from his colleague to secure the stack of documents.
- They had a heavy-duty stapler in the office for binding thick manuals.
a strip of adhesive material used for sticking items together or for sealing packages
- Tape is adhesive material used for sticking things together.
- People use tape to wrap gifts and mend torn paper.
- There are different types of tape, like masking tape and duct tape.
- She wrapped a gift with colorful tape to make it look more festive.
- He used double-sided tape to hang a poster on the wall without damaging it.
- They sealed the cardboard box with strong packaging tape before shipping it.
a type of metal or plastic clip with two flat, hinged arms used for holding a stack of papers together
- A bulldog clip is a strong metal clip used to hold papers together.
- Bulldog clips are larger and can secure more pages than paperclips.
- They have a strong grip to prevent papers from falling apart.
- She secured a bundle of documents with a large bulldog clip to keep them organized.
- He used a bulldog clip to attach important notes to his clipboard for easy access.
- They had a collection of decorative bulldog clips on their office desk.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?