WeatherThe following page has learning games and example sentences using the following 6 words from the "weather" category:
Pairs: getting ready...
- Your mission is to pair pictures with their correct titles in as few a clicks as possible.
- Click on a card to turn it. Next, try to find its partner by clicking on a second card. (If you fail to find a match with your second click, both cards will turn again.)
- This is a memory game as well as a vocabulary-learning game.
- Click on your first card to start. Good luck!
thunder and lightning
a weather phenomenon characterized by the presence of thunder, which is the sound produced by lightning, often accompanied by heavy rain and storms
- Thunder and lightning often happen during storms.
- Thunder is the sound, and lightning is the bright flash of light.
- They can be scary, but they are a natural part of some weather.
- They stayed indoors during the thunder and lightning storm for safety.
- Thunder and lightning can be both awe-inspiring and frightening.
- The meteorologist issued a severe weather warning for thunder and lightning.
the movement of air, characterized by its speed and direction, which can vary from a gentle breeze to a strong gale
- Wind is the movement of air in the atmosphere.
- Wind can be gentle, like a breeze, or strong, like a gale.
- Wind can make trees sway and kites fly.
- The wind rustled the leaves in the trees on a windy day.
- Wind energy is harnessed through wind turbines to generate electricity.
- They flew kites in the open field on a windy afternoon.
precipitation in the form of water droplets falling from the sky, often associated with overcast skies and clouds
- Rain is water falling from the sky.
- Rain is important for plants and filling up rivers and lakes.
- People use umbrellas to stay dry in the rain.
- She carried an umbrella to shield herself from the rain.
- Rain is essential for nourishing crops and maintaining ecosystems.
- They canceled the outdoor event due to the heavy rain forecast.
a meteorological phenomenon that forms when sunlight is refracted, or bent, as it passes through raindrops, creating a spectrum of colors in the sky
- A rainbow is a beautiful arc of colors in the sky after rain.
- Rainbows happen when sunlight is refracted in raindrops.
- Rainbows are a natural wonder and often make people smile.
- They marveled at the vivid colors of the rainbow after the rain had stopped.
- A rainbow is often seen as a symbol of hope and beauty.
- She took a photograph of the double rainbow arching across the horizon.
frozen precipitation in the form of ice crystals or snowflakes that fall from the sky, covering the ground in a white blanket
- Snow is frozen water crystals that fall from the sky as flakes.
- Snow covers the ground in white and is common in cold climates.
- People build snowmen and go sledding in the snow.
- Children love playing in the snow and building snowmen in winter.
- Snowfall can lead to slippery road conditions, requiring caution while driving.
- They went skiing in the mountains to enjoy the fresh snow.
the star at the center of our solar system, which provides heat, light, and energy to Earth, making life possible
- The sun is a bright, hot ball of gas in the sky.
- The sun provides light and warmth to the Earth.
- The sun rises in the morning and sets in the evening.
- The sun rose in the east, casting a warm glow over the landscape.
- Solar panels harness the energy from the sun to generate electricity.
- They enjoyed a sunny day at the beach, basking in the sun's rays.
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?